Monday, May 11, 2009

Stars...


My mind just flashed back to when i was 15...working on my A-levels in Brighton, UK. It was the first time I'd ever been away from home. I was at an all-girls boarding school and had a room to myself...but then i was 15, away from home and terribly home-sick and a lil' worried about making new friends. I randomly walked into a store someday and found "glow in the dark" stars, so i bought them and put them all up on the ceiling in my room. Whenever it was time to turn the lights out, it was very calming to lay on my back and look up at the ceiling and dream that I was somewhere in the clouds... living among the stars. Aaah, bliss! I guess it was my way to escape the fact that i was growing up. hehe! I mean, i went on to make some really great friends in that time and i absolutely loved my year in Brighton but i do know that those little stars helped me make it through the first few home-sick days...even if i only got to stare at them for a few hours a day.

i'm not sure why... but i suddenly feel the need to go out and search for "glow in the dark" stars....approximately 10 years later. I guess i'm still getting used to being a grown-up, or something like it.

No comments: