Tuesday, March 24, 2009

life & change...

"i may still not know what i want to be when i grow up, but i do know that someday i want to live in a house filled with my books and travel souvenirs. and the walls that aren’t covered in bookshelves will be covered with photos of my family and friends. when i leave the house i will be going to a job i love, and i’ll return to a person i love. so, that’s the dream i’m working on."
— Amber Morley (via robot-heart) (via thoughtsdetained) (via notsharon) (via cassieeb) (via flummoxedbird)

I used to feel like I needed some grand plan for my future with set dates and set goals, and every time something seemed to threaten some kind of change in my life, i'd get all shook up about it and fight it. Until it finally dawned on me that I'll never have it ALL figured out and it's okay to take things one day at a time, as long as I'm working hard each day towards being a better me. This is not to say that I don't kinda see my future a certain way already, or to say that i haven't made any plans already - cause i have, but it's simply to say that I'm not afraid of things going slightly differently from my "plan" as long as I'm surrounded by the people and the things that I love, and I don't lose sight of what's really important in life.

No comments: