Thursday, February 12, 2009

Since feeling is first...

I know i said i wasn't going to get sucked into the mushiness of the week...but I can't help it. There's so much lovey-dovey stuff popping up around me. I'll go back to being stone cold next week (or month). Bite me!

Here's one of my favorite poems by ee cummings:

since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a far better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
--the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for each other: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

And death i think is no parenthesis


image via flickr

No comments: