Thursday, November 26, 2009

I did it!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!!!!!!


I ran the half-marathon this morning!!!! I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it! I was a little worried 'cause I bought my new running shoes while waiting for the sprained ankle (see previous post) to heal... and just when I thought I was ready to run again - I got a horrible cold! It seemed like everything was conspiring against my race! And then I had to travel to 2 diff states shortly after recovery so I got to run maybe 3 times altogether before the day of the marathon! BUT I made it :D My average time per mile was worse than it had been before my "injury" but I still made it in good time... lots of folk behind me when I got to the finish line... hehe!

God is good! I'm thankful for so many many things, I can't even begin to count my blessings. It's been a revealing year for me and God has brought me through every little trial!! He keeps teaching me things about myself, constantly intercedes on my behalf, guides me through the toughest of decisions... even when I try to be stubborn! Baba mi tobi loba!

I ache all over from the running...but it's time for some turrrkeeeey!!!!

until next time... xoxo ;)

image via

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wooohooooo... Thought the sprained ankle would hold you down for sure, glad it didn't.

T said...

thanks :))