Monday, February 1, 2010

New Week! New Month! New Attitude?

Happy new month guys!!!!! Gosh, I can't believe it's february already... I'm not quite sure where my January went (If found, please return to "lost & found" desk, thanks!).  It's funny how I always start and end the year feeling overwhelmed. At the beginning of the year, I usually have all these tasks and random goals I set for myself (or well, life sets for me) and I'm filled with enthusiasm, ready to take over the world *cue "Brain" voice...from pinky & the brain*, eager to accomplish so much! By the end of the year, I suddenly remember all the things that are still left hanging, that I was s'posed to have done mooonths before and I start trying to cram 'em into November and December... eventually giving up by New Year's Eve.. making whole new plans for the year to come :-) And as you've guessed it, summertime i'm almost always on a mental holiday - lol... i know that sounds really bad but it's sooooo true!

It takes CRAZY determination for me to get anything done in the Summer. As a student, I'm accustomed to it meaning "time off" ... now as a grown-ass wanna-be student (seeing as PhDs really are s'posed to be forever serious, forever studying, forever questing for knowledge - kinda folk), I probably shouldn't be on these mental summer holidays anymore. Gosh, now I wish I was a trophy wife...but with my personality, I'd probably get sick of it after the first few days/weeks. Lol!... or maybe I'll just start up random charities and make myself think i'm working. My days will be filled with gym & spa appointments, and then champagne and brunch with the girls ... followed by some shopping. Mmmm... doesn't sound so bad now that i think of it.

Okay okay... well, I'm glad it's February... I think it's a special month 'cause it tries to be so different. One month in the year determines whether we have a leap or not. Oh Fun! Other than that, 2010's been decent for me so far. I'm not quite sure what's in store but it's still the beginning of the year and I've still got loads of optimism to share...

that being said... i've had about 2hrs of sleep so far so i gaaattsss to go take a nap... or rest.. or something!

God bless you as you bless others!

'til later...

xoxo ;)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

hey T! Stumbled upon your blog and I absolutely love it!Hope you post more frequently this year! Xx

T said...

Thanks Lisa!! I'll try to post more frequently but it seems i'm getting busier this year and can't finish up most posts I start. I'm sure I'll have lots of randomness to write about soon :-)