Sunday, March 8, 2009

faith...

This morning, i was thinking about how i'm so lucky to have my faith. Actually, it started with me thinking about how screwed up my research is going (but that's why it's called Re-search isn't it?) and how frustrated I've been all semester...and basically nagging to myself (and almost anyone that'd listen). And somehow, when i'm in the lowest of low moments, i hear a voice in my head say : "Be still, and know that I am God!"... and when I think through those words, I feel myself begin to calm down a bit.

Faith - it's weird but it gets you through. It's like when little kids have nightmares and then go tell their folks that "there's a monster in my closet" and then the mother/father goes to "get rid of the monster"...and suddenly everything's okay again in that kid's world - just 'cause they believe their folks have the power to actually rid of their fears (so to speak).... that's the sorta faith that gets me through - the childlike faith that God can (and will) take care of everything concerning me.

I don't know how people make it through life otherwise. My faith brings me comfort. Even with all my imperfections (and wow, there's a long Long list of those) I know I can pray through situations and He'll hear me. I guess what i'm trying to say is that i'm encouraged by my faith to live each day....and I pray that if you haven't already, you'll have a little faith and Be encouraged!

Have a happy sunday :))

No comments: