Thursday, September 4, 2008

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall...

Dear Summer,

I can't believe we already had our last day together and we'll have to part ways for many MANY months to come. It's been really nice knowing you. It's one of those times that i'll say "it was good while it lasted" and actually mean it. No, Really!

We travelled together and shared lots of laughs. We got to hang with friends and family...got some work experience, lost (and then gained) some weight. You showed me the beauty of the world again, like it should be seen - with the sun shining most hours of the day. You helped me make important decisions - growing mentally and spiritually. How could I not love you?

Now it's getting to that time - when dresses will be out and sweaters start creeping in. The leaves will begin to dry up and fall 'til all the trees are bare. Short shorts out - long pants and thermals are in. No more outdoor picnics or laying on the grass. No more long walks on the beach or outdoor swimming.

Goodbye Summer... I'll miss you!


Hello Fall!

I believe we've met many times before...but it's never quite-so-great with us. This time around I'm gonna try really hard to embrace the change you bring. It won't matter that I was standing under a tree for some shade today, but instead dead leaves kept falling on my head. It won't matter that you'll force me to wear extra layers of clothing to keep warm and sane - no, I'll embrace it. I'll go out more, travel more, make more friends, pray more, exercise more...I'll pretend it's a new year and start afresh...

Hello Fall! It's me, Polly. I believe we might actually have something good going this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is winter, when i see you, I will freeze you...

Just Being......... said...

Ohhhhh Polly this Fall shall be different and I choose to be happy and not gloomy like the season. I will have fun, look haawwwttt and still get my exercise on. Fall you will not have the best of me instead I will have a blast and enjoy every single day.......Lollll