Saturday, December 13, 2008

I need you now!

This image clearly expresses how I feel these days... in need of something deeper, greater, meaningful... life with meaning! I don't want to waste a second of another day doing things that don't matter. Life gets so busy - there's so much noise out there. There are mundane routines and expectations.... just a whole lotta noise!...Much ado about nothing :p

My greatest fear used to be that I'd leave this world without meaning something to people - without leaving an impact on people's lives. Now, I don't want to leave just any kind of impact, I want to be a blessing - just as I've been blessed...but then I forget "me" every once in a while. Aaah well!

Here are some of the lyrics to the song "I need you now" by Smokie Norful :

"Not another second

Or another minute
Not another hour of another day
But Lord I need you right away

If I never needed you before
To show up and restore
All of the things that I let slip
While I was yet searching the world for more

The true best friend I have indeed
You're my best friend; I know indeed
I stretch my hands to thee
Come rescue me
I need you right away!

The agony of being alone
The fear of doing things on my own
The test and trials that come to make me strong
The feelings of guilt, hurt, shame, and defeat
The way the trials that beat upon me
But to know Lord - that in you I've got victory
"

image via Muskegon

No comments: