Thursday, July 31, 2008

Send in the Clowns

LOL! I feel so random. Whenever I'm feeling somewhat down or a family member (or friend) was feeling down, I'd sing

"where are the clowns.... quick, send in the clowns"

...but those were the only 2 lines I knew in the song (by Barbra Streisand). I had no idea it was about lost love and bla bla bla...until I listened to it today. I think it's a rather clever song though - very well written. And yes, I still love Barbra's music! BUT, now I'll have to sing a different song to cheer my people up... like one my mum taught me:

"if your face wants to smile then let it/if a smile u can get then get it/never look down/don't wear a frown/ 'cause everyone will hear about it all around the town..."
...and it's got a happy dance too. Lol!

(peep the lyrics to 'Send in the Clowns' here: http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Barbra-Streisand/Send-In-The-Clowns.html)

No comments: